15 Home Remedies For Acidity That Have Minimal Side Effects
Acidity is caused by excess production of hydrochloric acid by the gastric glands of the stomach, producing gas, bad breath, stomach ache among other symptoms. When the secretion of acids is more than usual – we experience heartburn or acid reflux or GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease), which is normally triggered when we eat a heavy meal or spicy foods.
Today, we have 15 ways through which you can tackle your next bout with acidity:
1. Drinking water
Drink 2 glasses of water in the morning every day helps to maintain the acidic levels in the stomach.
Cinnamon is good for your digestive health. It works as a natural antacid and helps dispel stomach gas.
- Add half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder in a cup of water. Bring it to a boil and then allow it to steep for a few minutes. Drink this cinnamon tea two to three times a day.
- You can even add Cinnamon powder to soups and salads.
3. Basil Leaves
- Eat some basil leaves -Be sure to chew them thoroughly.
- Alternate option: Boil three to five basil leaves in a cup of water and let it simmer for a few minutes, Sip this water thrice a day.
Chew 2-3 cloves thoroughly and let the juices release into your system.
5. Cumin seeds
Boil one teaspoon of cumin seeds in a cup of water, strain it and then drink the water after your meal/throughout the day.
Thin Buttermilk a.k.a chaas/chaach, with little black pepper, coriander leaves, and one teaspoon fenugreek paste (grind fenugreek with water) helps to relieve acidity.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar
Mix one or two teaspoons of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar in a cup of water. Drink it once or twice a day.
- A spoonful ginger juice twice or thrice a day relieves acidity.
- Alternate option: add ginger slice to a cup of boiling water, simmer it, strain and drunk the juice.
9. Fennel Seeds
Add one teaspoon of Fennel seeds to boiling water, cover and leave it overnight, strain the water and have it three times a day.
10. Mint leaves/Pudina
Add chopped mint leaves to boiling water, cool the water and drink to reduce the acid content and improve digestion.
Simplest home remedy for Acidity is having one banana every day (not recommended for people with diabetes).
12. Coconut water
Coconut water helps in changing the acidic levels of the body and mucus production and prevents recurrence.
13. Pineapples and Oranges
Pineapple and orange juice, with added salt, helps in reducing acidity.
14. Aloe vera juice
One glass aloe vera juice helps boost digestion and removal of toxins.
Eat 3-4 almonds after every meal or snacks. Basically, after you ingest something. They neutralize the gastric juices, relieving and preventing acidity. Do not overeat as it may cause other problems.
- Tags: Health