Simple Diet & Exercise Tips to Lose Weight at Home
In this world of hectic schedules and too many things to do, finding time for health is a big task in itself, isn’t it? Work hours are so odd that going to a gym is not an option. With so many housing complexes replacing the clean open spaces or gardens, and roads full of traffic and air pollution, it is a tough task to find a nice enough place to go for a quick jog. Here are a few simple diet and exercise hacks that require just a little space in your home, and a little bit of determination to lose weight.
1. SPOT JOGGING: It is a great cardio exercise and helps burn a lot of fat, with minimal space required.
2. ZUMBA: With various health shows endorsing this dance form for weight loss it is not difficult to tune into one of those TV shows in the morning and workout as per their instructions. Alternately there are many videos available on YouTube, or in CD and DVD form too, if the show timings do not suit you.
3. YOGA: If you are familiar with different yoga postures then doing them at home is easy. However, if you haven’t attended any formal classes, do not attempt yoga without supervision since a wrong posture might do more harm than good. Suryanamaskar is the most widely known exercise of yoga, and is excellent for weight loss.
4. BANISH UNHEALTHY SNACKS: This will only test your willpower to resist those yummy snacks, always make small of amount of snacks to finish off within a day or two. This will keep your diet regime on track all the time.
5. OUT OF SIGHT, OUT OF MIND: Store all the high-calorie items like Nutella, jams etc at the back of your fridge – the out if sight, out of mind technique works wonders for dieting.
6. KEEP VEGGIES VISIBLE: Whether in the fridge or on the dining table – this will serve as a constant reminder for you to have them more frequently.
7. PUT THOSE TAKEAWAY MENUS AWAY: This will keep your mind off junk and high-fat foods.
8. DRINK PLENTY OF WATER: This will keep your skin and hair hydrated and will also help you control cravings.
9. READ UP MORE: There are plenty of reliable health articles available online, or you can subscribe to any health magazine, or you can download any app which gives fitness tips regularly. Just make sure it’s a good source!
10. CUT DOWN ON TEA AND COFFEE, ESPECIALLY if you add lots of sugar in it. Many people don’t realise the unhealthy calories they consume in form of beverages like fruit juice, tea, coffee and cold drinks. Switch to green tea/coconut water instead.
11. ROLE MODELS: Stick photos of your role model in fitness to the fridge it could be your favourite Bollywood actor/ actress or just someone you really find inspiring. Their photos will remind you of your fitness goals every time you go to open the fridge.
12. MIND OVER MATTER: If you feel hungry, drink a glass of water and wait 15 minutes. If you still feel hungry after that then have a fruit or some of the healthy snacks you have made for yourself. Many times the body confuses thirst for hunger – the hunger pangs you are getting could be signs of dehydration too!
13. DON’T EAT OUT OF BOREDOM: Try to actively keep yourself occupied with something interesting during your free time – that could be reading, writing, knitting – or any hobby that you can think of.
14. MAKE YOUR FOOD INTERESTING: There are many websites and apps which contain recipes for tasty weight loss foods – try one recipe every now and then to break the monotony of the same old food all the time.
15. DON’T EAT WHEN WATCHING TV: We lose track of the amount of servings and portions that we have taken when our attention is diverted to other things. Your food deserves all or most your attention when you eat.
16. STAY ACCOUNTABLE: Start a WhatsApp group with your other health conscious friends and talk about what you are doing to achieve your own goals so you can be held accountable in your fitness journey. You will come across really good tips for weight loss while you are at it.
17. WALK MORE: If you ever need small things from local vegetable vendor or grocery shop skip the bike or car keys, walk the distance.
18. ALLOW YOURSELF A CHEAT MEAL EVERY 2 WEEKS: This helps in controlling cravings and motivates you to stay on the fitness track the rest of the days. However, you have to be true to yourself while you take a cheat meal. Have you really been good and sincere for that last 15-20 days?
19. TALK TO A DIETITIAN: A dietitian will be able to help you plan out your food and lifestyle pattern to your comfort and help a lot in your weight loss journey.
[shopify embed_type=”collection” shop=”nutritownbygrow.myshopify.com” product_handle=”wordpress”]
- Tags: Health