Recipe: Mushroom Cheese Omelette
A delicious low-carb breakfast to suit your keto lifestyle.
Mushroom Cheese Omelette
A delicious low-carb breakfast recipe, this omelette is packed with protein, fibre, and healthy fats.
- 3 nos Fresh eggs
- 1/2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 3 tbsp Mushrooms (chopped, lightly sauteed in butter)
- 2 tbsp Cheese (grated)
- 1 tbsp Chives or Coriander, chopped (optional)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
Crack eggs into a mixing bowl, season with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper, then beat well with a fork or whisk until fully combined and frothy.
- Place a small non-stick frying pan on a low heat to warm up.
- Grate the cheese onto a board and set aside.
Add ½ tablespoon of oil to the hot pan, then carefully pour in the beaten eggs.
- Tilt the pan to spread them out evenly, using a fork to swirl the eggs around the pan a little.
- When the omelette begins to firm up, but is still raw on top, sprinkle over the mushrooms and cheese.
Add chopped chives or coriander over the top (optional)
- Using a spatula, ease around the edges of the omelette, then fold it over in half.
- When it starts to turn golden brown underneath, remove the pan from the heat and slide the omelette onto a plate. Delicious with a tomato salad
- Tags: Recipe
- Chitra from Grow Fit