Recipe: Keto Coffee
A blend of coffee and healthy fats, this drink makes a perfect meal replacement for someone on a low carb or keto diet. The rush of healthy fats promotes better mental clarity and energy levels.
- 2 Cups Black Coffee (prepared as you like)
- 2 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Heavy Cream (Optional)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract (Optional)
- Brew 2 cups worth of coffee into a large container using your favourite method.
- If you’re using a pour over method, then grind to the size of kosher salt (or a bit smaller). Fill your coffee filter and wet the coffee with a little bit of water, allowing around 30 seconds for it to “bloom”. Then brew normally by pouring the water in a circular motion, carefully making sure the coffee isn’t swimming in water.
- Grab your butter, coconut oil, and immersion blender. You can mix this in a regular blender if you like.
- Drop in the butter, add 1 tsp. of vanilla extract, and plunk in the 2 Tbsp. coconut oil as well.
- Last but not least, add the heavy cream. This adds a great creaminess to the coffee for a silky texture.
- Mix it all together with your immersion blender. Usually between 45-60 seconds gets a great frothy cap on the top. Make sure to move the immersion blender up and down to emulsify all of the fat into the coffee. This also aerates the mixture some, adding additional froth.
Note: You can do all of this with a normal blender bottle and a blender ball – but the fats won’t be as emulsified, so you may need to shake every few minutes.
- Chitra from Grow Fit