15 Home Remedies For Acidity That Have Minimal Side Effects
Acidity is a set of symptoms caused by excess production of hydrochloric acid by the gastric glands of the stomach, producing gas, bad breath, stomach ache amongst other symptoms. When the secretion of acids is more than usual - we experience heartburn or acid reflux or GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease), which is normally triggered when we eat a heavy meal or spicy foods. Today, we have 15 ways through which you can tackle your next bout with acidity: 1. Drinking water Drink 2 glasses of water in the morning every day helps to maintain the acidic levels in the stomach. 2. Cinnamon Cinnamon is good for your digestive health. It works as a natural antacid and helps dispel stomach gas.
- Add half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder in a cup of water. Bring it to a boil and then allow it to steep for a few minutes. Drink this cinnamon tea two to three times a day.
- You can even add Cinnamon powder to soups and salads.
- Eat some basil leaves -Be sure to chew them thoroughly.
- Alternate option: Boil three to five basil leaves in a cup of water and let it simmer for a few minutes, Sip this water thrice a day.
- A spoonful ginger juice twice or thrice a day relieves acidity.
- Alternate option: add ginger slice to a cup of boiling water, simmer it, strain and drunk the juice.
- Tags: Health